Hello magical friends, and welcome to 2022! I hope it’s a nice year for all of us.
We’re kicking off this year of wizard rock with a set list put together by my magical patron Geoff. This is the theme that won my giveaway, so I hope you’re ready!
We’re starting with Switchblade Kittens and “Ode to Harry.”
Let’s begin 2022 with a wandoscope for hornbeam wand carriers.
You have a bad habit of getting tunnel vision, hornbeam carrier. On the one hand, that’s how your wood twin Viktor Krum became the youngest professional seeker in the world. On the other hand…well, you’ve seen his social skills. Having a passion isn’t inherently bad, but make sure you sleep, eat, and take care of yourself in other ways. This is going to be a frustrating month for you, I’m afraid. You’re going to want so badly to work on your Special Thing, but the needs of your group are going to have to come first. I know that’s frustrating, but at least you’ll get to flex some skills you don’t use too often, so hang in there.
Here’s our second music break, with Totally Knuts and “Expecto Patronum.”
That was Totally Knuts with “Expecto Patronum” [lyrics], Tonks and the Aurors singing ““Werewolf Love,” “Wait for Me” by How Airplanes Fly [lyrics], and“Bag PSA” by Ludo Bagman and the Trash [lyrics].
Start the year off right with wizard rock and fandom events!
- Today, January 1st, the Blibbering Humdingers are having a “New Year Shenanigans” show, live on Facebook! [link]
- The ‘Pedia Comp Club is back, with registration now open to join the 2022 version: bigger and better than ever. [link]
- Now through the 16th, Arley Hall & Gardens in the UK is hosting a Forbidden Forest Experience, where you’ll walk a trail and find all sorts of magical creatures. [link]
- If you’re in Billings, Montana on the 8th, Moss Mansion is hosting what sounds like giant Harry Potter Clue. Awesome! [link]
- On the 15th, Wichita, Kansas has a “Harry Potter Calligraphy for Beginners” class, in case you’ve always wanted to write in the famous font. [link]
- Also on the 15th, Longmont, Colorado has a very fancy Harry Potter private dinner event. [link]
- And on the 31st, the English and American Students Association of SDU in Odense, Denmark are hosting a Harry Potter movie marathon—with all eight movies in one day! [link]
And December saw no shortage of new music.
New wrockers James and the Marauder’s Map released “Cupid Crystals.” [link]
Totally Knuts did a cover of Dots & Lines’ “Odo the Hero. [link]
Luna (not) Lovegood released her Night at Hogwarts show. [link]
The final album of the ‘Pedia Comp Club 2021 was released. (No link for that one, it’s gone now!)
You can see Lauren’s reaction to it however! [link]
A decade after the last one, Jingle Spells 6 has arrived! [link]
The Swedish Shortsnouts made an adorable music video for their Jingle Spells song. [link]
As always, there are a ton more events on the calendar on the website, so don’t forget to check them out!
Now let’s get back to the music with The Swedish Shortsnouts and “Win the House Cup.”
That was The Swedish Shortsnouts with “Win the House Cup,” Percy and the Prefects singing “Penelope Clearwater” [lyrics], “Wrackspurts” [lyrics] by The Lovegoods, and Draco and the Malfoys singing “Potions Yesterday.”
And with that, we’ve well and truly rung in 2022. I hope you had an excellent holiday season and that the new year is filled with joy and positive progress.
If you haven’t checked out the WZRD shop yet, I’m afraid it’s too late for the Wizard Rocker zine; those are gone for the year. However, the “wizard rock means no TERFs” stickers that donate 2 dollars to the Scottish Trans Alliance are still available, as are a bunch of other goodies. Check it out at Shop.WZRDRadioPod.com.
If you’ve got two muggle dollars a month burning a hole in your pocket, check out the Patreon at Patreon.com/WZRDRadioPod. You get a discount on all the merch, plus you support both Yes All Witches and this show. You also get the bonus materials I occasionally send out—last month it was a blooper reel that was hilarious, if I do say so myself.
And if you want more WZRD Radio, you can listen to the radio station 24/7 at listen.WZRDRadioPod.com. You can also connect with me on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok and give me your guess for today’s theme. It’s a clever one, and whoever gets it will have definitely earned the reward download code. You can also leave a comment on the transcript or email me at WZRDRadioPod@gmail.com if you need a different way to get your guess in.
Until next time, magical friends: The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.