Hello magical friends! We’re doing it! We’re really doing it! Here’s to a long and fruitful musical relationship.
A HUGE thank you to Grace Kendall, for encouraging me in this project and giving me invaluable advice and recommendations, to Amy from the original WZRD Radio for letting me use the name (it’s a good name), and to all the wrockers who gave me permission to use their music!
Check under the cut for a transcript of tonight’s podcast as well as links to all the songs you heard and to the events I mentioned!
Hello magical friends and welcome to the inaugural episode of WZRD Radio. I’m your hostwitch Bess and I’m super excited to be sharing this new project with you.
We’re opening with “1984 – Welcome” by Tonks and the Aurors so kick back and enjoy, but keep both hands on that broom handle if you’re commuting!
And now for this month’s wandoscope, the most accurate horoscope based on your wand’s make up.
Acacias, this month is looking good for you! You’ve got a tricky situation to navigate in an important relationship, but as long as you ask for support from those who are nearest and dearest, you’ll get through it just fine. As March progresses things will look increasingly up until you’re ready for the fresh start spring brings.
Expect a certain amount of friction with woods and cores that are strong-minded, like ash, black walnut, and snallygaster heartstring. They’re going to have trouble compromising this month.
Relationships with woods and cores that are often overlooked, like kneazle whisker, veela hair, and willow will prove exceptionally valuable if you take the time to nourish them.
Next up is “Rockin’ Out at Hogwarts” by Gred and Forge so don’t touch that dial!
This month in the Potterhead fandom we’ve got some pretty cool events happening.
- Ornery Beer Company in Fairfax, Virginia is hosting Harry Potter trivia on March 2nd so if you’re in the area, go join the local Harry Potter Meetup the DADA and kick trivia butt. [Event link]
- Saturday, March 7th is the spring house show at Malfoy Manor, featuring the Lovegoods, so if you’re in Woonsocket, Rhode Island be sure to stop by. [Event link]
- Saturday March 7th is also the day of a Tonks and the Aurors concert at the Normal Public Library Yule Ball in Bloomington, Illinois. There will be nibbles, a house points contest, and DIY wandmaking, so come prepared to get your Ollivander on! [Event link]
- On March 21st and 22nd Fayetteville, Arkansas is hosting their third annual Wizard Way of the Ozarks. If you like magic scavenger hunts, wizard duels, and wizard-themed escape rooms, this is the festival for you! [Event link]
- That same weekend, the 21st and 22nd, the Blibbering Humdingers will be performing at FantaSci in Durham, North Carolina. [Event link]
- March 21st is also the Orlando Witches and Wizards Market at Hourglass Brewing in Longwood, Florida. There will be a magicians’ wizards’ duel and all kinds of Harry Potter merch. [Event link]
- The third annual Literary INK Tattoo Convention is also this month, from March 27th through March 29th in Chattenooga, Tennesee. There’s going to be a wizard rock show featuring Harry and the Potters, Hawthorn and Holly, and Tonks and the Aurors. [Event link]
- And finally, the tea shop Alice in the Village in Old Mystic Village, Connecticut and Patriot Place, Massachusetts is hosting a Harry Potter Event all month. With a pop up Harry Potter retail shop and a Wizard High Tea, it’s practically a day in Hogsmeade. [Event link]
All these events are listed on the Potterhead Calendar page of the website, so be sure to check them out!
Next up we’ve got The Blibbering Humdingers’ “I Lose Myself.”
And that’s it for our show! But don’t despair, dear listeners. WZRD Radio will be back again next month. In the mean time, find me on Twitter, Tumblr, and WordPress at WZRDRadioPod.
Tell me songs you want to hear in the future, and any wrock shows or Potter events I should share. If you’re not on social media, you can email me at WZRDRadioPod@gmail.com.
The website has a transcript of tonight’s episode, including links to every song you heard. If you heard a new song and fell in love, be sure to go support the artist! Without them we wouldn’t be here.
To end our show, I give you the words of a great wizard. “Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak.”